This Surah was revealed during the last period of the Prophet’s residence at Makkah. The seven years of famine, which had stricken Makkah, had come to an end and the persecution from the unbelievers had forced some Muslims to migrate to Habsha. Major Issues, Divine Laws and Guidance:
- Proof of Tawheed and refutation of shirk.
- The mountains have been set on the earth to stabilize its balance.
- Allah has sent the Rasools to warn against the unbeliever’s excuse: “If Allah wanted we would have not worshipped anyone else.”
- Allah’s promise to provide a good abode for those who migrate for His sake.
- If Allah were to punish people for their wrong doings, He would not have left even an animal around them.
- As water gives life to dead land so does the Qur’an to the human soul.
- Allah has provided signs in the lives of the bees, birds and animals.
- Allah commands to do justice, be good to others, and give to near relatives; and He forbids indecency, wickedness, and rebellion.
- Seek Allah’s protection against Shaitan before starting to recite the Qur’an.
- Halal (lawful) and Haram (unlawful) are only from Allah.
- Ibraheem was a nation in himself.
- Call towards the Way of Allah with wisdom; advise and reason in a courteous manner.
أَلَمْ يَرَوْا إِلَى الطَّيْرِ مُسَخَّرَاتٍ فِي جَوِّ السَّمَاءِ مَا يُمْسِكُهُنَّ إِلَّا اللَّهُ ۗ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِّقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ